Back-End Developer (m/f)
LIQID is the next-generation private wealth management solution. We combine scientifically proven investment approaches and the expertise of one of Europe’s leading investment teams with a unique, fully digital user experience. LIQID is run by a strong founding team with international experience. We are supported by our strategic partners: Project A Ventures, a Berlin based operational venture capital firm, BhFS Behavioural Finance Solutions, a spinoff company of the Universities St. Gallen and Zurich, and HQ Trust, one of the oldest and largest independent multifamily offices in Germany.
As Back-End Developer, you develop the technological core of Europe’s most progressive private wealth management solution.
Together with our frontend team, you implement our digital platform and ensure that everything runs smoothly in the back-end. Your main challenges are the integration of third-party APIs and the algorithmic puzzles faced in financial technology. One of your central duties is to work on new features and bug fixes while maintaining high code quality and data security in an agile environment.
- You have multiple years of development experience with Ruby (on Rails). Familiarity with Elixir, Node.js or Python is a plus.
- You have built and consumed RESTful APIs. Bonus points if you also have some experience with GraphQL.
- You know how to write software tests with RSpec and you value process automation over performing repetitive tasks.
- You have a good command of SQL and know when it's time to go beyond the ORM to handwrite optimized database queries.
- You are able to independently find solutions to challenges, stepping off the beaten path to solve them if necessary.
- You are familiar with Linux and cloud hosting. Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible, ...) is a plus.
With LIQID you will...
- … shape the future of private wealth management, while developing in an innovative and stimulating technical environment. We deeply care about the quality of our code and to maintain high quality standards in whatever we do.
- … work with talented and inspiring people from around the world, with flexible working hours and a very friendly working atmosphere.
- … open source large parts of your work. We actively encourage people to write reusable code that can be shared back with the community.
- … attend Project A meet ups with developers of other ventures for knowledge exchange and
- … get a deep dive into the finance industry and have an opportunity to learn from others in our catered Friday brown bag lunches.
- … work in an inspiring location. Our offices are located in Berlin and are surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and galleries. And it's only 100 meters to the closest metro station.
Please send your CV and portfolio or/and Github profile to email@example.com