Lead Back-End Developer (m/f)
We are on a mission...
to transform financial services through an intuitive digital investing platform that provides our clients access to investment opportunities previously reserved for the very rich. As LIQID continues to improve the relationship between humankind and money, we can offer you a unique opportunity to help shape the future of digital wealth management as a member of our team.
It’s all about the (clients) money
From the first encounter with our services on the LIQID website to the point where clients transfer their assets into our care, there are endless steps that must work seamlessly to create a safe, welcoming and fluid user experience.
As Back-End-Lead.. .
- You will be supervising and mentoring a team of back-end developers, taking ownership of the whole back-end codebase with a very hands-on approach.
- Together with the tech leadership team your responsibility is to translate feature specifications by Product Management into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- To achieve that you lead and mentor a team of back-end developers and help them to accomplish great results by integrating best practices and giving them technical directions.
- You are owner of the back-end codebase and will be in charge of designing new APIs and other back-end services, while further improving the existing codebase.
This is how we do it
We believe mindset beats skill set and are always looking for people eager to learn and develop as a member of our team. We break down barriers and climb new heights by combining our strengths across all departments, challenging assumptions and trying to find new ways to conquer old problems. This approach has earned us the German “Innovator of the Year” award just a few years into our companies journey.
What we expect from you
- You have experience in leading a team or are at a point in your career where you want to start to do so.
- You take responsibility for your teams code and mentor them to advance in their careers as developers.
- You know how to manage your server infrastructure with Docker, Kubernetes and/or DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible, ...).
- You are an experienced Rails Developer. Familiarity with Elixir, Node.js or Python is a plus.
- You have built and consumed RESTful APIs. Bonus: You have basic experience with GraphQL.
- You can design complex software architectures and translate business requirements into actionable items.
- You care about code quality and you value process automation over performing repetitive tasks.
- You have a good command of SQL and you can make long-term decisions about data modelling and database design.
Our engineering team consists of savvy problem solvers, many without a background in finance, but with the shared goal of bringing change to an industry that is far behind when it comes to digitization. If you are eager to make an impact, shape an industry and be the benchmark for best practices in financial technology – welcome to the team!
- Competitive Salary
- As part of the Project A family attend exclusive meet ups with developers of other ventures for knowledge exchange and beer
- Digital lunch voucher programme
- Relocation assistance
- Top notch hardware
- Free drinks & food
- Get a deep dive into the finance industry
- Enjoy awesome food in brownbag lunches organised in house
We have your interest? Let us know!
You can submit your CV and/or portfolio directly via firstname.lastname@example.org. Just make sure you reference the job in your subject header. For all HR related questions before and during the application process feel free to contact email@example.com.