Backend Developer (m/f)
LIQID is a digital wealth management service for private investors with liquid assets in excess of 100.000 €. We offer a range of “core” investment strategies developed in partnership with HQ Trust, the multi-family office of the Harald Quandt family – one of the largest and most established in Europe. In addition, we provide investors with access to a range of “satellite” investment opportunities in areas such as private equity. LIQID is financed by a number of well-known investors including HQ Trust, Dieter von Holtzbrinck Ventures and Project A Ventures.
As Backend Developer, you develop the technological core of Europe’s most progressive private wealth management solution. Together with our frontend ninjas, you implement our digital platform and ensure that everything runs smooth in the backend. Your main challenges are the integration of third-party APIs and the algorithmic puzzles faced in financial technology. One of your central duties is to work on new features and bug fixes while maintaining high code quality and data security in an agile environment.
- You have multiple years of development experience with Ruby (on Rails) and are open towards new technologies such as Go or Elixir.
- You have built or worked with different APIs, e.g. REST or SOAP, before.
- You trust continuous integration (CI) and know how to write software tests with RSpec.
- You are able to independently find solutions to programmatic challenges.
- You have a good command of SQL and know how to optimize database queries.
- You are used to cloud hosting and containerization with Docker.
- You are fluent in German and/or English.
- You feel comfortable in an agile startup environment.
At LIQID, you're going to...
- shape the future of private wealth management. We apply innovative technologies in the financial industry and thus are able to realise a better product and user experience.
- be part of a diverse and highly motivated team. Our various backgrounds and qualifications create a momentum that guarantees quick and meaningful learnings for everyone.
- experience a working culture, that is shaped by openess and freedom. We combine a variety of approaches to realise a common vision.
- work in an inspiring location. Our offices are located in Berlin and are surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and galleries. And it’s only 100 meters to the closest
Apply now. Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, certificates) to: